UPDATED COVID Health & Wellness Policies
After reading below, any further questions please email email@example.com
Please note, we are operating under limited office hours. Emails will be returned within 48 hours.
To our Valued CrossFit Shallow Lake Members,
With the recent rise in COVID-19 cases we are implementing additional protocols that will help to continue to keep CrossFit Shallow Lake and its members safe. These procedures have been made by following the updated public health guidelines for our Grey-Bruce area.
New Procedures (effective immediately)
- All members must wear a mask when entering the Shallow Lake Health Team building and continue to wear the mask until they are positioned in the marked box in the gym. Once in the box you may remove your mask while you train.. When leaving the marked space to get equipment, use the washroom, etc we ask you to put your mask back on.
- All classes will be limited to 9 members. Please sign up via MindBody to hold your spot. Additional classes have been added to help accommodate these smaller class sizes. Morning classes will now be at 5:30 & 6:30am. Saturday an additional 7:30am class has been added.
- A waitlist will be kept on MindBody. Please do not come to class if you are on the waitlist. Members will be notified via email if a spot opens up in class & they have been added to the class list.
- If you cannot attend class please cancel your reservation with enough time for waitlisted members to be notified.
- Open gym will remain open. However, if you are using open gym during class time please sign up for class on MindBody so we can stay within the max number capacity in the facility.
- Shared equipment will be sanitized between use.
- Programming will be modified to allow members to physically distance during their workout.
- Coaches/Personal Trainers will be wearing masks at all times.
- Members are required to notify CrossFit Shallow Lake (via phone or email) if they have tested positive from COVID-19 within 14 days of attending a class.
Coaches and members are asked to stay home and not attend classes if they are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, or have been tested for COVID-19 and waiting for results.
- Everyone must sanitize their hands upon entering the Shallow Lake Health Team facility. Additionally, members can sanitize whenever needed (including before and after touching equipment)
- Showers will not be available for use.
Each class attendance is tracked and recorded in case members need to be notified about and exposure.
As a reminder to our members, all movements and workouts can be modified to fit your physical and comfort level needs. If there is a movement that you do not think you can perform in a distanced and sanitary manner, please talk to a Coach and they can help find a modified solution.
Thank you for your continued support.
Please note, protocols may change as further information is received by public health guidelines.
Thank you for respecting the policies in place.
1. All equipment is to be wiped down after each use.
Our antibacterial wipes will be available as usual, in the usual places. Our staff will continue to clean the facility and equipment after each class. It is now required that all equipment you handle during your workout is to be wiped down before it is put away.
2. Footwear is mandatory.
Shoes, Crocs, lifters, socks, whatever. Cover your feet. It’s easier to sanitize a hand than a foot, and we get our feet on everything.
3. Come lift to get thicc, stay home if you’re sicc.
Not exactly new policy but ought to be to be written out regardless. Fit people are healthy people, and a huge component to , stay home. PR your sleep.
If you suspect you may have in come in contact with COVID, or are displaying symptoms, please stay home.
4. The front door is the only means of entrance and exit for the gym.
Massage and Physiotherapy are still dealing with tight distancing restrictions. To help keep their practices in accordance with their supervising bodies, they will have exclusive use of the side door.
5. The chalk bucket and water fountain have been, are and shall remain community use.
If you don’t feel comfortable using these shared supplies, you are welcome to bring your own.
6. please respect physical distancing.
Please ensure to keep 2m distance from all members and coaches at all times.
We ask that you do not share equipment. Partner WODs are a thing of the past.